STEP 3: Helping your students take the test
To log in, ask your students to go to www.oxfordenglishtesting.com/oaslms/loginYL.aspx and enter the User number, Password and Organisation ID from their login slips. Students can enter their details using the number pad onscreen or by typing the numbers.
Tell me about:
If you have not entered students' names in the OLMS, they will have numbers instead of names. You will need to write their names on their login slips and keep the slips. After students have taken the test, you will be able to match the numbers in the results table to the names written on the slips.
The student will be asked to check if the details onscreen are correct.
If yes, ask the student to click the green tick .
If the wrong name is shown, ask the student to click the red cross . Please then follow these steps:
- Log in as the teacher at www.oxfordenglishtesting.com/login.
- Click on the Admin tab and select Manage placement groups.
- Click the name of the group.
- Click the Edit link next to the student.
- Correct the student’s name.
- Click the Save button, followed by OK on the messages that appear.
- Ask the student to return to www.oxfordenglishtesting.com/oaslms/loginYL.aspx, or press F5 on the student's keyboard to refresh the page.
- Re-enter the student’s login details from their login slip. The student’s name should now be written onscreen.
Back to STEP 2Go to STEP 4Young Learners Placement Test Get started guide homeGet started menu
Ask the student to put on their headphones and click on the play button. They should hear a bird singing. If they cannot hear the bird, ask them to click on the red cross then do the checks below.
- Check that the student's headphones are plugged in to the computer.
- Check the volume of the student's computer using the volume control in the toolbar.
- Go to our System Requirements page to perform an Automatic System Check on the student’s computer.
Make any changes, then ask the student to press play again. If they can now hear the bird, ask the student to click the green tick .